Bangstyle

Recently i was approached by a website called Bangstyle to do an interview with them.  Bangstyle is a great website for finding new hair styles and for hair inspiration in general so if your having a bad hair day then make sure you check them out for ideas.  Anyway, i thought i would share the interview with you on here too as it is a little glimpse into me and my life which some of you may find interesting, if not then don't read it.  Enjoy!

"Grace Avery is our new favorite blogger of the moment with an impeccable bohemian style and an online store that is just as fantastic! Naturally, we were so happy that Grace could take some time away from her blog, I Am Hollywood, and her store, ETTE, to have a chat with us! Learn more about I Am Hollywood and the boho-babe behind the blog in our interview!

BANGSTYLE: We are head-over-heels for your blog, style, and store! Tell us a little about you.
Grace: I’m just an ordinary 25 year old girl. I love fashion. It’s a cliche, but it literally is my life. I graduated a couple of years ago in BA Fashion. I co-own an online store with my best friend, Lucie, and have two cats. I daydream alot, mostly about moving away somewhere different, Los Angeles preferably.

BANGSTYLE: What inspired you to open ETTE?
Grace: I always wanted to be a designer but when I went to Uni I realised that I was more interested in other aspects of the industry. When I met Lucie at Uni we instantly clicked and ended up sharing a house together. One day, out of nowhere, we just decided to start selling vintage and it’s just grown since then. We just realised that we loved vintage but hated all the stuff you find in the average vintage shops in England – all the tea dresses and 20s gear. So, we set out to bring the bohemian, grungy vintage to girls like us who were looking for something different.

bangstyle.com  fashion  Blog of the Moment: I Am Hollywood

BANGSTYLE: How would you describe your stellar personal style?
Grace: My style is always changing. I used to live in band tees, jeans and leather jackets. I still do alot of the time but I mix it up now. As I’ve gotten older I’ve realised what suits me and what I feel comfortable in. I tend to wear alot of black which is unintentional but I just find it easy to wear. I guess my style is a mix of boho, 70s punk, grunge and on the odd occasion, minimalist.

BANGSTYLE: Where do you go for style inspiration and who are your style icons?
Grace: I’m a really visual person and love looking through Tumblr for inspiration. I love reading blogs too, my favourite being Jean Greige as she is just a mish mash of everything I love!  But alot of the time i’m influenced by the music I’m listening to. I’m a huge Ramones fan and I’m obsessed by the 70s. Living and working with my best friend means that our style rubs off on each other and I admire the way she puts different things together that i wouldn’t have considered. I find that the outfits I enjoy wearing most are always the ones I have just thrown together and not thought about too much.

bangstyle.com  fashion  Blog of the Moment: I Am Hollywood

BANGSTYLE: What fall/winter fashion trends are you currently loving right now?
Grace: I find fall/winter dressing really difficult for myself, but one of the trends I love at the minute is the whole sports luxe/chic look – I need some leather joggers and snapbacks in my life! Anything extra fluffy or sequinned is a huge plus for me at the minute.  And I admire people who can work the mod look in a modern way. Helena from the blog Bell’s Fashion works this look in such a colourful, fearless and quirky way.  But for myself, in winter, I always seem to revert back to my grungier alter ego.

BANGSTYLE: What is your go-to look for holiday parties?
Grace: I like to wear dresses as I don’t wear them much in day-to-day life. I have a black lace one with bell sleeves that I adore. A pair of boots are a must and I love wearing my velvet ones which have a glittery heel – cause who doesn’t love glitter?! Loads of jewelry draped around my neck, rings on every finger and a loose fishtail braid to finish off the look."

0 comments:

Post a Comment