Morning Skincare Routine | Beauty

My morning skincare routine for oily or combination skin types


Today i thought i'd talk you through my morning skincare routine.   All these products are ones that i am actually using right now and are not necessarily my favourites, so there is a mixture of good and not-so-good products.  For reference, my skin type is combination with dry cheeks and a very oily t-zone.


So let's start with cleanser.  I've been using a few products from the Nip & Fab Glycolic range and i can't praise it enough.  This cleanser is filled with plenty of great ingrediants for oily, spot prone skin.  Although it's marketed as more of an anti-aging product, the glycolic acid in it is perfect for combating any scarring and pigmentation left behind by spots.  It's budget friendly and has lasted me about a year - a little goes a long way with this gel formula.

Moving onto toner, which i always used to ignore and write off as an unnecessary step.  I've been using this tea tree toner from The Body Shop which was a godsend when i first starting using it about 6 months ago.  I was going through a very bad skin phase with loads of spots popping up and very congested skin and this literally sorted it right out.  I feel like it hasn't been working as well as it used to but i'm sticking with it as it is just so good and very cheap for a huge bottle of this goodness.  Plus, it's cruelty free!

Next up, it's time for moisturiser.  I like to use my eye cream first so i can rub it over my eyes without irritating them with any other products.  I must say that i'm not a pro on eye creams and just picked this one up on a whim.  I can't say if it's going to do much in the prevention of wrinkles but it leaves my eye area feeling very silky.  I love rolling the cold metal ball over my sleepy eyes in the morning as it really wake you up.  Plus, this one is tinted for a little extra coverage if you like to go makeup free.

The serum i've been using recently is one from Botanics which i must say is not as good as other serums i have used.  However, it is alot cheaper than my favourite Clarins serum which is why i thought i'd give it a go.

The last product in my trio of moisturisers is from The Body Shop and it has a gel texture which i think is great if you have oily skin and don't like using heavy creams.  It has a kind of grainy feel to it which i'm not sure about but it is really moisturing.  I like to slather loads of this on to make sure my skin is super hydrated and it sinks in really quickly and works well underneath makeup too.

Finally, i like to keep my lips as hydrated as possible as i tend to bite my lips alot when i'm stressed or deep in thought so i always have quite dry lips.  The 8 Hour Cream is an old favourite and is just a wonder product.  I think everyone should own one of these as it can be used for a multitude of things - i like rubbing it into my cuticles for a hydration boost too.  This tube has lasted me about 3 years so far and i've still got loads left so it is completely worth the price tag.


0 comments:

Post a Comment